In our latest infographic, we review the 5 BIG benefits of eLearning.
The Big 5 Benefits
- Time savings. eLearning saves time as it can be accessed anywhere, at any time, resulting in cost savings. Additional time usually spent on Face to Face Training can be re-directed immediately into business tasks and operations.
- Reduced footprint. The environment benefits too. eLearning reduces our carbon footprint by replacing physical, printed training materials and reducing training travel requirements.
- Increased reach. eLearning allows a large, geographically dispersed audience to be reached 24/7, while providing exciting opportunities to personalise the experience.
- Cost savings. Moving content online results in business cost savings. eLearning eliminates expenses associated with face to face training such as travel, trainers, venue hire, and printed materials.
- Improved pedagogy. eLearning strategies, such as gamification, improve leaner engagement and increase leaner retention. The variety of eLearning tools available today makes it easy to cater for different learning styles.
- Did you know?
- 40% of people have access to the Internet around the globe today?
- In 1995, it was less than 1%. The figure increased tenfold from 1999 to 2013 and will only increase in the future.
- 46% of college students are taking at least one course online. However, by 2019, roughly half of all college courses will be eLearning based.
- In 2011, it was estimated that about $35.6 billion was spent on eLearning across the globe. In 2015, online corporate training alone is estimated to be a $107 billion market.