By definition, Gamification is the use of game logic and mechanics in non-game contexts to engage and motivate learners in solving problems.
Gamification has proven to be particularly effective in the world of eLearning and corporate training.
In our latest infographic, we present the latest gamification statistics, gaming techniques and the benefits of using gamification in corporate training.
Statistics & Trends
1. 70% of employees are disengaged from their work
2. 50% of corporate processes will be gamified in 2015
3. 79% of the participants (both corporate learners and university students) said that they would be more productive and motivated if their learning environment was more like a game.
Remember: Gamification guru Gabe Zichermann says gamification is 75% psychology and 25% technology. Gamification is synonymous with ENGAGEMENT.
- Popular Gaming Techniques
1. Boost motivation.
2. 60% increase in learner engagement.
3. Performance feedback.
4. 43% enhancement in employee productivity.
Playing to Win
It’s safe to say, gamification is here to stay. So what can you do?
1. Identify and understand your core business issue
2. Understand what your employees want
3. Incentivize employees to engage
4. Provide a clear goal to pursue
5. Give instant feedback
Resources: Talent LMS Survey Results, Gartner Research, eLearning Industry.